Friday 22 February 2013

Managing your time/ sleep patterns

Managing sleeping patterns, I have found is really important, at first I didn't really like doing it but it has now become my natural sleeping pattern, I made sure that I would always get up around 8am. If at the moment you would find getting up at 8am impossible, cut it back gradually wake up ten or fifteen minuets earlier than you did the day before. I found that 11pm was the time when I normally go to sleep.
My phiso suggested I record when I sleep, when I do high activities e.c.t I didn't find it very useful, but it is basically a table with each hour and day as little boxes, green is rest (doing nothing at all), orange is low activity, read is high activity and blue is sleep, I recommend that if you do this you make a list of what you consider to be high activity and low activity because this can be different for everyone depending on how severe they have CFS.

If you are struggling to get to sleep at night which I did, but don't any more thanks to these tricks; half an hour before you want to go to sleep, turn off all screens, for example TV, laptop, tablet, mobile phone e.c.t. I would then read (in particular books I had read before so I didn't have to concentrate to much) or listen to the radio or music; another thing that you can do that I have become really good at (lots of  practice) is daydream!
Now that I have done this I find I naturally wake up at these times, I find it is fine to have an extra hour sleep at the weekend I am fine and it doesn't make me really tired.

I would love it if you left comments below telling me about your experiences.Or if you want to ask me anything personally, email me at ateenwithcfs@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment